Thursday, January 29, 2009

Countdown to 40!

As the days are approaching to the "Big 40", I decided to chronicle the last days of my 30's. Yes, maybe I'm a little dramatic, but the reality is I'm getting old. The good news is I don't feel old, I don't look old and I don't act old. Now all of this is not to say that being old is a bad thing. I am grateful to be almost 40. However, I must admit that almost 40 doesn't necessarily agree with me. My eyes are going bad, my knees crack and worst of all I have gray hair. So I decided I will not grow old gracefully, I will fight it every step of the way.

So I'm headed to Viva Las Vegas to live it up! I plan on not acting my age and looking fabulous. Probably drinking a lot and hitting on strangers, but that's nothing for Vegas. So far most of my friends are on board. Even if they weren't it's not stopping me.

6 comments:

  1. Since you're my Work Wife and all, can we do some role playing where I'm in Vegas for the European muffler convention and you hit on me near the blackjack tables? Just trying to change it up now and then...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe you are forgetting about one of your alter ego's. I will not mention any names but I believe you know who I am talking about. She's used around the office, at airports, restaurants and bars and comes out when you least expect her. Can you guess who she is?

    ReplyDelete
  3. 40 is the new 30 and Las Vegas is the new 69!! - HCIII

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anything for you my Work Husband...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Could you be talking about my other alter ego "Renee Red"? She was the bomb in the late 80's early 90's. She comes out sometimes, but she's a little jealous of LaRue. She claims LaRue likes to still the spotlight.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My buddy HCIII, you always know how to put things in perspective....You know 69 was a good year too.

    ReplyDelete